Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ace of Base


You can keep the Kigali out of the guy, but not the guy out of Kigali. We were in Kigali this past weekend to pick up our new volunteer, Dr. Peter Cairo, who has been helping us with training techniques and thinking about the project’s growth.


We picked Dr. Cairo up on Saturday and stayed over Friday night to take in more of the wonders of Kigali’s nightlife.


We sat at the Sunset Lounge, which was a nice outdoor bar. For some reason Ace of Base kept coming on, which Zack and I thought was pretty hilarious.


It came out when I was 8 or 9, and I talked about how my mom had bought the album and how I had to listen to it all the time.


Rene’s friend, Francis, mumbled something.


“What did he say?” asked Zack.


“He said that we think about this song because it came out in 1994. So when people fled during the genocide, they would listen to this song while waiting for the news.”



No comments:

Post a Comment